I’m Donna Carnahan, international photographer from Houston, Texas. I opened my first studio during the worldwide pandemic, here in the Arts District Houston, just west of downtown.
Born in Texas, inspired in Italy, I created La Donna Foto in Houston. Ever since my aunt gave me a vintage 1960s camera, I have had a passion for photography. My career path transitioned from finance to photography when in 2015 I traveled to Florence, Italy where I became intrigued with the beauty of Renaissance art.
With an eye for composition, I have traveled throughout Europe, and extensively within Italy while immersing myself in learning the language, culture, history and art.
My Photography Collection
My collection represents majestic beauty recorded while on foot on the Amalfi coast. Bringing back my photos from the Old World reminds me of the renewal of my own mind and refreshment of my soul I experienced at the seaside and exploring the gardens of Villa Cimbrone.
Images of Italian summers can be good for the heart, soul, and mental health, as we all get through these times together. Surround yourself in the majestic beauty of Italy and feel the romantic vibes open your heart.
- Visual Arts Alliance
- Houston Center for Photography
- Italian Cultural and Community Center
- Italy in America
- International Connections of Houston
- Artists Sunday – A nationwide shopping event, Sunday after Thanksgiving
- Houston Arts Alliance Town Hall
- Fotofest – FotoFest is an international non-profit photographic arts and education organization based in Houston, Texas.
You are invited! Come visit the studio
~ surround yourself with Italian beauty ~
Second Saturdays at Sawyer Yards.
We invite you! Transport yourself to European destinations here at Sawyer Yards on the Second Saturday of every month, where artists’ studios are open to the public and free to attend from noon to 5pm.
If you are unable to attend La Donna Foto studio in-person, we can schedule a time for Zoom.us and we can sip and stroll through Italy from the safety of your computer.
La Donna Foto specializes in breathtaking landscapes, seascapes, and rolling vineyards. Each print is a limited-edition created uniquely on:
- canvas using archival inks
- dye sublimation on 1/16” aluminum gage metal
- metallic fine art paper covered in acrylic with 1” standoff screws
- fine art paper, matted and framed
La Donna Foto Studio #308 at the Silos of Sawyer Yards.
Donna Carnahan, currently exhibiting at M.A.D.S. Art Gallery in Milan, Italy and Canary Islands, Spain, and XIII Florence Biennale